Monday Meanderings is a way to use your blog to keep yourself accountable for the week ahead. I tend to to be more diligent if I’m sticking it out here for all to see.
Bible Study/Devotions ~
- I bought a notebook just for prayer and I want to make it a habit to pray daily for the names I will list.
Must Do ~
- Get Fall decorations out of the attic & decorate.
- Ship a couple of packages.
- Buys sheets for the girls’ bed.
- Get my Christmas planning notebook organized.
- Order these shoes. (FYI, Crocs are soooo comfortable. I’ve had hip problems since Little Prince was born-he was h-u-uge compared to my others-and I can walk all day in crocs with nary a problem. And no matter what anyone tells you, the knock-offs are not anywhere close.)
- Finalize & print October calendar for youth group.
- Make more laundry detergent. *recipe below
- Clean my bedroom from top to bottom.
Train Them Up ~
- Start praying daily during our schooling for the missionaries we support.
Menu Planning ~
- Celebrate the first week of Fall with a Harvest Cake, courtesy of The Homespun Heart.
- Cut & organize my coupons so I can match them up with Wednesday’s new grocery ads
*Laundry detergent recipe:
- 2/3 bar laundry soap, grated (I use Zote, but Fels Naptha is good too)
- 2 c. Borax laundry powder
- 2 c. Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
Mix all ingredients in a food processor & store in an airtight container. Use 1 T. per load.
I was a loyal Tide user until I tried this about 4 months ago. It works great & costs me $4 a month instead of $25! (There are recipes that use less of the powders, but this is the only recipe I’ve tried that gets my clothes really clean.) I buy my ingredients at Kroger.