We do nature study on Fridays – our favorite day of the week! We take a walk around the neighborhood pond if the weather is nice, and the kiddos have to add at least one page to their nature notebooks.
I try to do some fun seasonal crafts on Friday as well. Tomorrow we will be making these colorful stained glass windows.
Here’s what you need:
- construction paper
- tissue paper in Autumn colors
- Print your outlines onto cardstock and cut out to create patterns. (Hang onto these – they might come in handy for all kinds of crafts.)
- Choose a pattern and trace around it on a piece of construction paper.
- Cut out your shape outline – make a small hole in the middle of your paper with your scissors to get started. Little ones will need help with this.
- Turn your paper over to the back and put a line of glue around the outline.
- Tear the tissue paper into strips and fill in your outline with the different colors. You might need to add glue as you go.
- Let dry & hang in a window.
Owl – detailed
Barn owl – very detailed
Squirrel – very detailed
Chipmunk – very detailed